GST Login at gst.gov.in – How to create login details in GST, How is GST logged in? , Here’s how to register GST and What is our use for GST registration? Let’s talk a lot of things here….
What is GST?
GST is the term referred to the Goods and Services Tax which is the biggest indirect tax reform of India. It is a single tax that is applied to the supply of goods and services starting from the manufacturer to the consumer.
All the business whose turn over is more than Rs. 10 lakh, or Rs. 20 lakh, are expect to do GST registration as a regular taxable person.
If you are a new user to GST and looking for the procedure to do your registration, then this article is for you. Existing users can also look for the process of login by reading the following article.
Procedure to do GST registration online:
Gst Registration Online for GST login, You do not need to worry if you don’t know the process of registration to GST portal as we have mentioned the process in detail, you will find it very easy to do.
- First of all, you need to visit the GST official portal : https://www.gst.gov.in/
- Click on the login tab and click on the link first time user that is at the bottom.
- Enter your Provisional ID, GSTIN, or UIN and your password.
- Select the Services option from the menu which is present at the top of the page.
- Now, you will find three options, namely Registration, Payments, and User Services.
- Click on the Registration tab and select New Registration.
- In the new page, before entering the details like the legal name of your business, the district, and the state in which your entity is located, email address, PAN, and mobile number, you have to choose whether you are a taxpayer or a GST practitioner. This is basically the form of the Part-A.
- The details which you have entered now will need to be verified by the portal.
- After the successful verification, you will receive a one-time password or an email for confirmation.
- Depending on the type of business you are running, you will required to upload a few documents as requested.
- Then, you need to fill the Part-B of the form. Here, you to enter a few details after that you will receive the Application Reference Number via SMS or Email.
- Your application will be sent to the GST office and it is then verified by a GST officer. The application could either be approved or you will be requested to provide some other information or documents until the authorities will get all the required information to approve your application.
If you have the different of your business in different states, then you do a separate registration for each state. Business with more than one vertical will need to register separately for each of them.
GST Login or GST Registration Cancel Option :
As GST has come into the existence recently, it might take you a while to get used to it and understand it. Currently, all the business or company owners have been requested to register for GST and not procedure is in place for the people who do not want to register for it. They also have the option to cancel their registration even though the registration is completed.
GST Registration and Gst login For first time User and login GST Existing users
Procedure to GST login for the first time after GST registration:
How to Gst login after GST dashboard Settings, All the existing taxpayers and Central Excise, VAT and Service taxpayers who are not register under State VAT will provide a provisional ID and a password.
First of all, you need to create your custom username and password by making use of this provisional ID and password at the GST Common portal.
- Go to the GST official portal : https://www.gst.gov.in/
- From the home page, click on the new user login button.
- Now the declaration page will displayed. Select the checkbox for declaration and click on button Continue.
- You can see the login page. Enter the username in the Provisional ID which you have received to your mail id or to your mobile via SMS or via any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
- Enter the password in the password field which you have received through SMS, email, or any other communication received from the State VAT and CBEC.
- And then Enter the captcha which you can see in the image below that is generat by the computer.
- Click on the button Login.
- Enter your email address in the required field from the Provisional ID .
- Enter your valid Indian mobile number. You will receive two one time passwords which will sent to your email and to the mobile number you have just entered. Both the OTPs are essential to complete the verification process.
- And then Click on the button Continue.
- Now the OTP verification page will displayed. You need to enter two different OTPs which you have received to your email and mobile in the required fields.
- After entering click on the button Continue.
- You can see the new credential page.
- Here, you have to enter your custom username and also the password you want to create.
- Re-enter the password and confirm it.
- Click on the button continue.
- Answer all the security questions. This might be helpful when you forget your password.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Now you can enter the username and password which you have created.
- Enter the captcha as shown on the image.
- And then Click on the button Login.
- That’s it! Now you can view your dashboard.
What are the services offer by GST?
GST portal offers 52 important services to its users. Some of the services are mention below, which are provided by the GST.
- GST REG-01:
This form is use for New GST Registration.
- Form GST CMP-04, Withdrawal from composition levy:
This service provides Intimation or Application for Withdrawal from Composition Levy.
- Form GST CMP-01:
This service is available only for the persons who are register under the existing law migrating on the appointed day.
You can also find various services which are related to GST ledger, GST return, and transitional forms. Each service provides a different facility to its users.
How is GST beneficial for you?
GST offers a wide range of benefits to consumers and businesses. Here are the things which you need to know.
- GST helps to avoid tax on tax or the cascading impact of tax and hence it helps to bring the overall cost of goods down.
- Tax rates may vary from state to state in the current regime. So, businesses often choose warehouses for their inventory based on tax considerations. But under GST, the country will move to One Nation, One Tax regime, which helps the businesses to get the freedom to set up their own warehouses to reduce cost and improve customer service.
- GST could also help to boost exports by making Indian goods competitive in global markets.
Finally, As you get to know about the GST Login And GST Registration and its services and benefits, you need to start creating your GST account if you want to reduce your cost on goods and avail all other benefits provided by the GST.